- Winkworth Barn was restored by local craftsmen, who reused and recycled existing timbers. The new extension was built from Green Oak from a local estate.
- The roof tiles are reclaimed Roman Pans and Welsh Slate.
- The roof has been insulated with Black Mountain Sheep Wool, which boasts excellent thermal properties, natural fire resistance and is renewable.
- Rain water collected from the roof is recycled. It is then used for flushing lavatories and watering the trees and plants.
- For every wedding held, a native tree sapling is planted.
- A wild flower bank and meadow has been created to provide a wonderful habitat for wildlife.
- Solar panels provide hot water for both the kitchen and the lavatories.
- The Barn’s electricity is supplied by Good Energy.
- Our recommended caterers supply Organic, British and locally sourced produce.
- A custom-designed, energy efficient heating system provides instant heat for Winter events.
- Winkworth Farm water is glass bottled at source.
©2012 Winkworth Farm, Lea,